Friday, January 26, 2007

even more lame.

i'm quickly descending into the depths of being the worst online dater ever. *bob*--36-year-old *bob*--(wow i just can't let that go) wrote me a plaintive email to inquire if he had messed up somehow... did he do something wrong? well, other than being a child of the 70s, not really, but can i really say that after exchanging multiple emails with him and giving him my phone number? not without looking like a complete moron. and i am a complete moron, for thinking that the age thing wouldn't matter when it really really really does matter. so i let myself down easy by letting him down easy... "bob, i'm sorry but my circumstances have changed, so i'm not going to be on match much longer..." i know it was a copout, but for the love of god, the man wrote: "i suck at playing the dating game, oh well." i didn't want to kick him while he was down.

the thing is, too, i know i was feeling sorta kinda lonely around finals... but i got back from break and whatever neediness i felt in december is just gone. *poof* and now i'm pretty content to snuggle on my couch by myself and watch grey's anatomy and type on my blog. it's weird how that loneliness can ebb and flow and i can't put my finger on any reason in particular. it probably has a lot to do with feeling reconnected to the world again after my strategery paper/house arrest debacle. i actually met up with a friend yesterday for mid-afternoon tea, chatted with my advisor this afternoon, and i have reunion dinners on sunday and monday. in short... i have my life back. i am interacting with actual live human beings. this diminishes the need to pursue virtual relationships with older men on the intertwang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home