Sunday, December 17, 2006

new blog fodder.

wow. are you guys in for a treat or what?

i recently scheduled some much needed sponteneity into my life, which many of my friends applauded as quite "modern" of me. oh-so
du jour. meaning, i wasn't sitting around my house waiting around for things to happen, i was taking charge, making waves, and being slightly controversial. in the midst of it all, i proudly embraced this modern, busy, independent woman.

but, i've been considering lately that maybe i've mistaken "cynicism" for "modernism."
i wonder if i subconsciously fill my days with conferences, papers, readings, projects, internships, applications, etc., to escape the fact that i feel like i have absolutely no control over my dating life. so, with the year winding down and all, and the feeling of having a fresh, new start (new year, new semester), i figure i should start thinking about what it is i want and how i'm going to go about achieving it in 2007. you can call them resolutions if you want. i'm calling it my strategem... my last ditch effort to save myself from the abyss of cynicism.

so. as part of this game plan...






... i signed up for match.com.

[crickets]

so now, along with diatribes about express mail and riveting minute-by-minute accounts of my strategery paper, you get to hear all abouts my foray into the world of internet dating. which, i anticipate, will provide plenty of blog-worthy material. my first observation is that it doesn't seem to matter that i'm only looking for men between the ages of 25 and 30, because my first wink came from a 41-year old. i know that, at some point, age ain't nothing but a number, but i haven't gotten to that point yet. putting 30 down was still kind of scary for me. my second observation is that i described myself as "curvy" and found that not many men are that interested in "curvy." most want slender, or athletic, or "about average." but, i think curvy suits me just right so i'm sticking with it.

anyways, not that this is really going to go anywhere before the new years, since i do have pages to go before i sleep, but i just thought i'd announce this monumentous milestone event. stay tuned for updates!


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to Fadi, Darren, & Dan's World. Don't forget the woman Dan is marrying next May was from match.com
and she winked at him first!

9:49 AM  
Blogger cheeky kristine said...

really? darren's on this thing too? i totally forgot that dan met his fiance on match.com.... that sounds promising, though not exactly where i planned to go with the online dating thing. for now, cuddle-buddy will suffice.

dammit, i missed fadi's bday this year!!! i'm a bad friend.

when are you gonna get up on this thang? xoxo.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home