Thursday, December 14, 2006

i'm in no mood.

yesterday, someone rang my doorbell. i opened the door and a fedex man is standing outside my door. he asks me, "do you mind holding this package for your neighbor?" now, i'm not trying to be a bitch or anything, but i said no. why? because there are two semi-creepy older men who live in my building and i'd rather not have them lurking around my apartment to pick up a package. particularly during finals, when i lay low and try not to have my creative process disturbed. also, i keep odd hours... i'm gone in the evenings and here in the mornings, and most people have the exact reverse schedule. which is why i rarely see any of my neighbors. which is why i don't want to hold this package. anyways, i said no.

what does the guy do? he starts bullying me. first he pleads. again, i say no. then he tries to appeal to my sympathy, by saying that the package has apples in it and will probably go bad? i tell him i'll sign for it, but i'd rather he left it next to their door. i explained that i don't want to worry about being home given my schedule. but no... for some reason this is unacceptable (who's doing WHO a favor here?) he wants me to sign for it and keep it in my apartment. again i say no. then he threatens me by saying that next time he ever has to deliver a package for me, he'll make sure that i have to go all the way to brooklyn for it.

WTF?!?!

look, just because i live on the first floor of the apartment building does not make me the middleman for packages. i'm not concierge or a doorman. if these people wanted that service, they would splurge on an apartment in a doorman building. you asked, i said no, and i have my reasons, so please leave a poor girl alone to write her epistle. god, the nerve!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know I got sick of the UPS man, leaving packages at the apartment building next door, and "supposely trying to deliver packages" When I have been home all afternoon. I fired off an Email to UPS and got a personal phone call and from that day on packages were delivered correctly and the UPS man would greet me and knew who I was when I be walking down the drive way in my apartment building :) fight the man

1:17 AM  
Blogger paulix said...

oh you're so screwed. You're never getting a fedex package again!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home