Wednesday, January 17, 2007

fizzle.

i. just. can't. do. it. cap'n.

so, i'm lame. i signed up for match.com almost exactly a month ago and nothing has come to fruition because i can't help but be very very very judgemental online. take marathon man... he's nice enough, for sure. we have great online chemistry. he gets my punny sense of humor and my virtual flirtatiousness. but i can't, i just can't, get over the fact that he is a whole decade older than me. and that his name is bob. i think the fact that he calls himself *bob* makes the 10-year difference seems astronomically large. i mean, how many people my age do i know named bob? robby, maybe. rob. bobby. but i can't do bob. figuratively and literally. call me age-ist and immature and what have you... but i can't.... i just can't.

my affection for match.com has also been greatly diminished by the number of 40+ year old men who have winked at me. every time i log on and see that i've been checked out and pursued by someone who could have babysat for me, i need to shower to wash the ick off me. and why are you writing me from florida and wisconsin??? what about that screams "mail order bride"???

sigh. so, it seems like my foray into internet dating will soon be over and i will be back to wallowing about being single the old fashioned way. but, i can at least now say that i've given it a go and found no one to my liking. sorry to let y'all down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home