Monday, September 25, 2006

best dream ever.


a couple of weeks ago i attended the revenge of the bookeaters benefit at the beacon theatre with a friend. famous people in attendance were jon stewart, that guy who plays the PC on the apple commercials everybody hates but me, sarah vowell, sufjan stevens, and, of course, dave eggers, who founded the tutoring service, 826nyc.

last night, i had a dream that i attended another bookeaters benefit with my family, and this time, the special guests were steve jobs and samuel jackson, who didn't censor himself one mothafuckin bit. after the show, we were in our car about to drive away when we spotted mr. jackson doing an interview on the sidewalk. i pushed my brother, mark, out of the car to solicit an autograph, and he managed to actually get samuel l. to get in our car and shoot the sh*t. he signed my ticket with a long note about doing things that matter.

i was incredibly disappointed to wake up this morning and not have the autographed ticket clenched in my paws, but the first thing i did this morning was to sign up as a volunteer for 826nyc, the tutoring service in brooklyn. i mean, it seemed like a sign from sammy, himself: "Whether or not what we experienced was an According to Hoyle miracle is insignificant. What is significant is that I felt the touch of God. God got involved."


now, i know you are all thinking: "lord, kristine did not even last a week of doing nothing after quitting her internship." but, for all you skeptics out there, i've been wanting to do it ever since attending the benefit... the only thing stopping me was that i was working 20-40 hours a week at my internship. now that i have my mornings and afternoons free, i have no excuse.

plus, i'm thrilled that i'll be visiting the superhero supply store on a regular basis. anyone in desperate need of secret identity kit or a standard superhero cape, let me know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent use of pulp fiction lines

11:53 PM  
Blogger paulix said...

I want a magic lassoo to go with my wonder woman outfit.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home